To take a trip to Long Pasia Village, you will need at least 3 days and longer time is strongly recommended. From Kota Kinabalu City, it will take at least 2 hours on the road to Sipitang and from there at least 4 hours in a good 4x4wheel vehicle up the timber road to Long Pasia Village. The village facilities are Helicopter Landing pad, Clinic, Primary School, Church SIB, Library, Information Centre, Hostel for students and teachers, Malaysia Army Border Patrol, Immigration and Solar Lighting System. The village activities are farming, fishing, handcrafting and Hunting.
Ulu Padas refers to the headwaters of the Padas River. It is famous as one of the richest plant diversity sites in Borneo. Most visitors go to Ulu Padas to visit the Lundayeh villages of Long Pasia and Long Mio. The surrounding areas hold natural and historical treasures aplenty, including the beautiful Maga Waterfall, Sinipung Hill, Sinipung Lake, Rekong Waterfall and Fefuken Waterfall.
Several natural forest areas have been earmarked as potential areas
to be developed as tourism attraction such as:-
- Maga-Pasia Waterfall (Ruab Maga)
- Sinipung Hill (Pegkung Sinipung)
- Sinipung Lake (Takung Sinipung)
- Rekong Waterfall (Ruab Rekong)
- Estuary of Rekiran River (Pa’ Rekiran)
- Pulau Waterfall (Pa’ Pulau)
- Pinasat River (Long Pinasat)
- Matang River – Kuala Bayur, Yang Abpe, Batu Narit, Kuala Palanuk, Popokon, Yang Anang (Bukit Agathis)
- Fefuken Waterfall
- Taman Kerangas Long Pasia
- Other areas adjacent to Long Pasia Village and Long Mio Village to be developed